NVTEC-EA General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
These new regulations require we ensure you have given your consent to use your details and advise you as to how we use them.
When you have joined and / or renewed your membership you signed agreeing to your information being used to administer the club.
Use of your details.
1. The information is stored on a database which only the membership secretary has access to.
2. It is used to generate mailing labels for “Vintage Torque”
3. It is passed to Rivers Media for them to generate mailing labels for “Vaporizing”.
4. It is passed to The National Treasurer for “National membership” and “Insurance” records.
5. PLEASE NOTE Items 3 and 4 above only apply to current paid up members. If required your details may be passed to a group event organiser (Rally, Road Run & Working Weekend) to assist in administering the event.
6. It is not released to other members
7. In the event of a member (e.g. Tom) wishing to contact another member (e.g. Bill) the membership secretary will contact Bill, inform him that Tom wants to speak to him and supply tom’s details. Note only the membership secretary is authorised to respond to such requests.
8. All information relating to a member are deleted from our system 5 years after their last renewal date.
Your Privacy is Important to us. This notice informs you how we use the information you give us and how we protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act (update 2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (details below).
1. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are a club of vintage tractor and engine enthusiasts which has members, but we also run events throughout the year such as road runs, a vintage rally and working weekends. These events are not always members only, so we keep information for the sole purpose of informing exhibitors of such events and sending entry forms. To provide such services and products we may need to collect personal data such as names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
Withholding of the required data may result in an insufficient service being provided. We may obtain data from individual customers.
If you want to be removed from our database for these purposes, please email with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. Please also include your name and the email address that you wish to be removed. We will action your request as quickly as possible. We also need to know which section you are in such as tractors, engines, cars etc.
Your rights regarding your data:
• We will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary and as a maximum no longer than 5 years after you have terminated as a member or exhibitor.
• Should your data be inaccurate we will rectify this without delay
• Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact the office as shown further below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful basis for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly
• You can request access to your data at any time. We will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request
• You can withdraw consent to us holding and processing your information at any time. Please contact the club as below should you wish to do this
2. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with the following:
• Membership stewards
• Club secretary
• Club chairman
• Club rally organiser
• Relevant section steward
We will not sell or share your information with any other third parties. We do not share or process data outside the UK.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store itself onto your computer.
Some cookies used on this website are "essential" in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
We also use "non-essential" cookies, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made such as text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, a popular web analytics service provided by Google. This web site uses Google Analytics to help us to analyse how visitors use the site. You can find out more about how these cookies are used on the Google Privacy site.
Other third-party cookies used on this website include social bookmarking tools (such as LinkedIn Follow button, Facebook Like Button, Twitter Follow button, Google +1 button) and YouTube videos etc. Some of these services may be used to track your behaviour on other websites and we have no control over this.
Please note: We only use cookie information for functionality and statistical analysis purposes and in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you.
We take data security very seriously and have in place we feel the most secure options available to store and transfer your data securely. We can provide details on request.
We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You should not submit any sensitive or private information through this website except through acknowledged secure areas. The owners of this website accept no responsibility for data submitted through insecure areas of this website.
Your browser generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Chris Hunt – email@example.com
Gordon Carson – firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responded to as promptly as possible.
Please be aware that our website may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
Your right to complain:
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our club, you can contact us as above.
We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact us directly. Please contact us should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.